As
International Women’s Day March 8th approaches I am called to review
the last three client testimonies that I recently received.
Normally,
the clients I serve are in the over forties age group: mature women, older
women, female entrepreneurs juggling with the challenges and multiples stressors
of every-day life.
I’m not sure
why, but for a while my client base shifted to women in their early twenties. What
started out as coaching ended up as mentoring – and for me that was okay.
I have to
say that I was truly humbled by this experience. Helping these young women
seek, acknowledge and find, the power they had within themselves was not only a
delight for me to see, that discovery, was a delight for them too.
Each week as
they eagerly shared their stories, situations and circumstances with me, they
demonstrated the challenges of being young women finding their way in today’s
complex world.
Each time
they were forced to step up and step into their power, set boundaries and
limits with people in their lives, it created a snowball effect that propelled
their confidence, self-esteem, self-value and self-respect.
It was a privilege
for me to witness these young women embrace their own inspirational vision for
their future and to explore the options, possibilities and choices available to
them.
These young women
were ready they were like sponges soaking up the information and resources provided,
as they began to come into their own.
Here is what
they had to say about their experience:
“When I started seeing Veronica, I knew I wanted to improve
and heal myself but didn’t know where to start.
In the work we did together I was reminded of my self-worth and was able
to begin my healing journey. “
“The number one thing I learned is to take care of
myself. True self love is about
respecting yourself beyond the exterior.”
“You were the kick in the ass I needed. You challenged me to
be more responsible……. I was able to see that I am not alone and that with
patience I can eventually become the best version of myself.”
Working with
a younger age group of women has served to remind me of the role and responsibility
we older women have towards the younger female generation; the need for us to
share our knowledge, experience, wisdom as women navigating the complexities of
this fast pace world.
The lessons
and learning from this experience have caused me to reflect on the importance
of mentorship and how it is still much needed.
So, as we
reach another International Women’s Day, I challenge the women of my generation
to reach out and mentor a younger woman. (someone who is not your child) Provide some support, leadership and direction to a young woman. It will help them to grow
into the strong beautiful human beings they were meant to be; it will help us
older women to grow too.
I don’t know
about you but I think the world needs feminine energy right now.
So, with
that being said: “Here’s to Mentoring.”
Happy International
Women’s Day


No comments:
Post a Comment